1) What Clothing is required by my school to be in the yearbook?
Chatsworth, Royal, Simi Valley, Santa Paula, Santa Susana, Heritage Christian, Valley Academy of Arts & Sciences, Northridge Academy, and Ivy Tech School:
Girls—Dress Clothing of your choice or a drape provided by the studio.
Boys—Dress Clothing of your choice or a tux or suit jacket provided by the studio. Black pants are preferred.
Oak Park High School:
Girls--Formal Black Drape (Studio Provides)
Boys--Formal Black Tux, Shirt & Tie (Studio Provides). Black Pants are preferred.
We do not recommend tops that are sleeveless, have spaghetti straps or have stripes and/or bright patterns.
2) What is the difference between a Session Fee and a Publication Fee?
A Session Fee covers the cost of time and materials for creating your personalized senior portraits. A Publication Fee is given back to your school to publish your senior portrait in the yearbook. O’Connor Bros. Photography does not keep the Publication Fee.
3) Do I need to bring money to my appointment?
Yes, please bring the total fee with you on your appointment date.
4) Why are senior portraits photographed during the summer?
The senior portrait section of your yearbook is the first deadline met by your yearbook staff. Early summer appointments are necessary so that you may choose the pose that will appear in the yearbook before the deadline passes. As a courtesy, if the yearbook deadline passes, the studio will make a selection for you to ensure that you will appear in the yearbook. Appointments scheduled too closely to the yearbook deadline run the risk of forfeting their pose choice.
5) Can I change my senior appointment that the studio scheduled for me?
Yes, please call our studio at (805) 306-9542 to reschedule. There is no penalty to reschedule your appointment.
6) I want to have photographs taken in a Cap & Gown, do you provide these?
Yes, we have Cap & Gowns from your school available for you to wear for the portrait session only.
7) Can I order graduation announcements from your studio?
Yes, we offer graduation announcements with your senior photo on them. You may choose the photograph to use and have three lines of custom text printed on them. Ask about them when you have your senior portrait taken. Holiday cards are also available.
8) How long will it take to receive proofs from my portrait session?
Proofs are mailed to your home 1-3 weeks after your session.